How to cook Caribbean Red Snapper Caprice
- 6 red snapper fillets, about 6 ounces each
- Lime juice (about 3 to 4 limes)
- Flour for dusting
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Oil Caprice Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup chutney, finely chopped (use the best quality chutney available)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons water, optional
- Marinate the red snapper fillets in lime juice for 10 minutes.
- Dust each fillet with flour, then dip into beaten egg.
- Heat oil in frying pan and fry fillets until brown on both sides, turning once.
- Reduce heat, cover and allow to cook 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare sauce.
- In small frying pan melt butter, add banana and saute until banana softens.
- Stir in chutney. Use water if thinner sauce is desired.
- To serve, place the fried red snapper fillets on serving dish and spoon Caprice Sauce over each fillet.
The Caribbean Red Snapper Caprice is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Caribbean Red Snapper Caprice serves/makes: 6
The Caribbean Red Snapper Caprice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed