4 - 5 servings
How to cook Carp in Onion Milk Sauce
- 1 whole carp, about 2 1/2 to 3 pounds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- Sea salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Flour for breading
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Carefully clean the carp; remove the entrails and gills.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut off the head, fins and tail. (You can save the carp head and tail for future fish soup or fish stock.)
- Cut the carp into quite large steaks.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Bread the carp steaks in flour mixture.
- Fry on high heat for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and cook all together for 5 minutes.
- Pour milk into the pan, close with a lid and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the carp on a dinner plates and pour the onion milk sauce over the fish.
- Serve with a green salad, if desired.
- Bon appetit!
The Carp in Onion Milk Sauce
is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Carp in Onion Milk Sauce serves/makes: 4 - 5 servings
The Carp in Onion Milk Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered