How to cook Casserole with Cod Fsh and Vegetables
- 1/2 pound fresh cod or any firm, white-fleshed fish, chopped
- 1 pound potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter + some to grease the mold
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 leek, washed, cut into thin slices
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into thin half-rings
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and thinly chopped
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 stalk parsley, washed, peeled and cut into thinly chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or Russian mustard
- 2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- A handful grated cheddar cheese
- Wash potatoes, peel, cut into quarters, and cook in salted water. When cooked, mash with milk and 1 tablespoon of butter. Season with freshly ground pepper and a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of butter, being careful not to singe. Add chopped vegetables: onion, celery, leeks, carrots and parsley. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, add bay leaf, torn into large pieces. Fry over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Mix sour cream with mustard and flour in a bowl. Add to fried vegetables and mix well.
- Add wine, a pinch of freshly ground nutmeg and juice and zest of lemon. Heat up and slightly reduced heat.
- Remove the bay leaf pieces, add the fish and chopped parsley.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Lay the mixtue of vegetable and fish, and spread mashed potatoes on it. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put into preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Serve the Casserole with Cod Fsh and Vegetables hot.
The Casserole with Cod Fsh and Vegetables
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Casserole with Cod Fsh and Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Casserole with Cod Fsh and Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Cod
Preparation Method: Baked