3 - 4
How to cook Catfish Chili with Red Bean
- 1 pound catfish fillets, diced
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 16 ounces can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 7-8 ounces can plum tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook oil with onion, garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, cinnamon, oregano, and cayenne pepper for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper, kidney beans, salt, and pepper. Stir for one minute.
- Place the diced catfish fillets on top of the chili mixture and gently stir them into the chili.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a good Mexican corn bread and a green salad.
The Catfish Chili with Red Bean is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Catfish Chili with Red Bean serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Catfish Chili with Red Bean recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered