How to cook Catfish Stew with Potato and Broccoli
- 1 pound catfish fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounces broccoli, small florets
- 1 (7 ounces) can sweetcorn
- 1/2 pint fish stock or water
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish and quickly seal the catfish (this way, when you add it to the liquid, it won't disintegrate).
- Remove with a slotted spoon and put to one side.
- Fry the onion until softened, add the potatoes and just turn them over to coat.
- Add the fish stock or water and milk and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and simmer a further 5 minutes.
- At this point, test that the potatoes are nearly cooked, if not, give the stew another 5 minutes.
- Add the sweetcorn and catfish and simmer a further 5 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Season to taste and add the chopped parsley.
- Serve the catfish stew with crusty bread.
This recipe for Catfish Stew with Potato and Broccoli serves/makes: 4
The Catfish Stew with Potato and Broccoli recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Catfish
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew