20 -24 servings
How to cook Caviar Pie
- 1 jar (7-ounces) red or black lumpfish caviar
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Combine the eggs and mayonnaise, and press the mixture into a buttered 9-inch pie plate.
- Scatter the onion over the mixture, then spread the caviar evenly over the onion. Spoon the sour cream onto the center of the pie, and carefully spread it to the edges so that it completely covers the caviar.
- Decorate the center and edge of the pie with the parsley.
- Serve the Caviar Pie as a spread with party-size dark pumpernickel bread or crackers.
A Caviar Pie Recipe is not really pie; Caviar Pie is an interesting layered spread topped with an artful arrangement of caviar. The Caviar Pie recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe can be halved. You can substitute 1 cup plain yogurt for 1 cup of the cups of sour cream.
This recipe for Caviar Pie serves/makes: 20 -24 servings
The Caviar Pie recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked