about 1/2 pound for each serving
How to cook Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon
- 1 fillet of fresh salmon (about 1/2 pound for each serving)
- 1 cedar plank (no more than 1/2 inch thick)
- Garlic salt
- Dill weed
- Black pepper
- Soak cedar plank thoroughly to prevent burning.
- Place the salmon on the plank skin side down and season to taste (garlic salt, dill weed, and black pepper work well).
- Place the plank with the salmon on a covered grill on low.
- You want the plank to smolder on the bottom and create smoke but not to flame up.
- The cover will retain the smoke and also prevent flame-up. It will take 30 to 45 minutes for a good size fillet of salmon.
- The plank will get hot enough to cook the salmon through.
- You do not need to turn the salmon.
- Enjoy the Smoked Salmon with natural smoky flavors!
This recipe for Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon serves/makes: about 1/2 pound for each serving
The Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Smoked