12 - 16
How to cook Chafing Dish A La Newburg
- 1 pound small shrimp, cooked
- 1 pound crab meat, flaked
- 1 pound lobster meat, cut up and cooked
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper to taste
- Melt butter in double boiler.
- Add flour and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in milk and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Stir in seafood. Heat until warm.
- Serve over melba toast, patty shells, or hot steamed rice.
The Chafing Dish A La Newburg recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is a dish in which seafood is stirred into a cream sauce. This sauce is then poured over toast, or sometimes used to fill crepes or pour over pasta or rice.
This recipe for Chafing Dish A La Newburg serves/makes: 12 - 16
The Chafing Dish A La Newburg recipe is adopted from An African American Cookbook by Phoebe Bailey - 2002.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered