How to cook Cheese-Topped Baked Egg and Sardines
- 2 small cans sardines in tomato sauce, hot and spicy or not
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- 2 medium onions or 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 2 pinches dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar but you can substitute whatever you've got)
- Grease the bottom and sides of 2 microwave-safe single-serve ramekins.
- Crack an egg into a ramekin. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Pour sardines, with sauce, on one side of the egg.
- Sprinkle in half of the grated garlic, sliced onion, oregano, basil and more salt and pepper. Cover everything with half of the cheese.
- Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes.
- While the first ramekin is in the microwave, prepare the other with the remaining half of the ingredients. Then, microwave the second ramekin for 3 minutes as well.
- Serve the Cheese-Topped Baked Egg and Sardines with pan de sal or a good crusty bread.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 6 mins
Total time: 11 mins
The Cheese-Topped Baked Egg and Sardines recipe is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, quick, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Cheese-Topped Baked Egg and Sardines serves/makes: 2 servings
The Baked Cajun Lime Tilapia recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Microwave