How to cook Cheese Stuffed Sole Fillets
- 1 1/2 pounds sole or flounder fillets
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 6 ounces Mozzarella, diced
- 4 anchovy fillets, mashed pinch thyme
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Wash fish and dry with paper towels. If fillets are large, cut in half lengthwise.
- Blend tomato with mozzarella, anchovies, thyme, grated cheese and olives.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of cheese stuffing on each fillet, roll and fasten with wooden toothpicks.
- Saute onion in butter in a large skillet until soft and transparent. Add stuffed fillets and brown lightly on all sides.
- Lift fillets from pan and arrange in a buttered baking dish. Add vermouth to skillet, scrape bottom and sides of pan and pour over stuffed fillets.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.
The Cheese Stuffed Sole Fillets recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Cheese Stuffed Sole Fillets serves/makes: 4
The Cheese Stuffed Sole Fillets recipe is adopted from the Polly-O Cooking with Cheese Recipe Book - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Baked