How to cook Cheese Stuffed Trout
- 4 whole trout (about 8 ounces each), cleaned
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, combine mushrooms, green onions and cheese; spoon into cavity of each fish.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Securely close cavities with toothpicks or skewers to keep stuffing inside.
- Place the stuffed trout on lightly greased broiler pan.
- Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily.
The Cheese Stuffed Trout recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Trout fillets may be substituted for whole fish. Coat fillets with flower or dry pancake mix. In large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in small amount of oil until slightly tender; move to one side of skillet. Add fillets and fry until fish flakes. Serve fillets topped with mushrooms and onion; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese before serving.
This recipe for Cheese Stuffed Trout serves/makes: 4
The Cheese Stuffed Trout recipe is adopted from Jan Reynolds.
Main Ingredient: Trout
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled