4 - 5 servings
How to cook Cheesy Bangus Fritters
- 10 to 12 bangus (milkfish) back (NOT belly) fillets, each cut into 2
- 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I used homemade)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 to 1 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten (you may need another but start with one - you can beat another egg if you run short)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 to 4 cup vegetable cooking oil for deep frying
- Start by separating the fish fillets.
- Place the fillets on paper towels in a single layer. Top with more paper towels then apply a little pressure to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Toss the grated Parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs.
- Start heating up the cooking oil. Set the stove to medium-low.
- Crack the egg into a bowl. Beat the egg lightly.
- Sprinkle the fish fillets with salt and pepper then dust with flour, making sure that every inch of the surface is coated.
- Now, dip each fish fillet in the beaten egg, making sure that the entire surface is coated.
- Roll the egg coated fish fillets in the bread crumb and cheese mixture.
- Bring the oil up to a temperature of 350°F to 375°F (180°C to 190°C). Check your temperature with a candy thermometer or until a small cube of white bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds.
- If the temperature of the cooking oil is just right, the coating turns a deep golden brown after about 30 seconds which should be just enough time to cook the fish fillets through.
- Drain the fried fish fritters in paper towels before serving.
- Serve the Cheesy Bangus Fritters with freshly steamed plain rice and ketchup, sour cream and garlic dipping sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
The Cheesy Bangus Fritters
recipe easy to cook and so good!
Bangus (milkfish) back fillets dredged in flour, dipped in egg and coated with a mixture of bread crumbs and grated Parmesan cheese, then deep-fried to a deep golden brown color until the coating forms a crisp and tasty crust.
I used bangus back fillets in this recipe, but I’m pretty sure that fillets of other fish can be substituted so don’t be afraid to go with your personal preference.
This recipe for Cheesy Bangus Fritters serves/makes: 4 - 5 servings
The Cheesy Bangus Fritters recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Milkfish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried