How to cook Cheesy Fried Smelts
- 2 pounds smelts (cleaned)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Romano cheese
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Rinse smelts in cold water.
- Drain; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, flour, parsley, cheese, garlic and salt.
- Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs; set aside.
- In a large skillet add oil and heat.
- Using a fork dip smelts into beaten egg, then into bread crumbs.
- Coat smelts completely.
- Place smelts into heated oil in skillet and cook until golden brown.
- Serve the Cheesy Fried Smelts immediately.
The Cheesy Fried Smelts is a very affordable dish. Delicious, simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes.
This recipe for Cheesy Fried Smelts serves/makes: 4
The Cheesy Fried Smelts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed