How to cook Cheesy Scallop and Shrimp Pastry Shells
- 3/4 pound (340 g) fresh shrimps, shelled
- 1/2 pound (227 g) scallops
- 4 crab-flavored pollock sticks
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 g) fresh mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) hot chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped fennel
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) freshly grated Swiss cheese
- 4 flaky pastry shells, baked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Melt butter into a fry pan.
- Mix in mushroom and zucchini dices cook for 3 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Stir in flour cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in hot chicken broth salt and pepper.
- Mix in chopped fennel and mint leaves cook for 4 to 5 minutes, over medium heat.
- Stir in cream cook for 2 minutes, over medium-high heat.
- Check for seasonings.
- Mix in shrimps ans scallops simmer for 3 minutes, over low heat.
- Mix in crab-flavored pollock sticks simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Stir in half of grated cheese mix well.
- Arrange pastry shells into an oven-safe dish evenly stuff each pastry shell with creamy mixture.
- Sprinkle each shell with remaining grated cheese.
- Broil in oven for 2 to 3 minutes, to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
1 serving: 642 Calories, 27 g Carbohydrates, 39 g Proteins, 42 g Fat, 0.4 Fibers.
This recipe for Cheesy Scallop and Shrimp Pastry Shells serves/makes: 4
The Cheesy Scallop and Shrimp Pastry Shells recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered