How to cook Chesapeake Bay Crab Imperial
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1 cup mayonnaise, homemade or store bought
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 small green pepper, minced
- 1 small pimiento, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon capers, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup dry, fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Mix mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire, Tabasco, green pepper, pimiento, and optional capers in a medium-size bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gently blend in crab meat and mix lightly.
- Spoon crab meat mixture into 4 empty crab shells or 4 shell-shaped ovenproof dishes. Sprinkle bread crumbs over crab meat. Drizzle melted butter over crumbs.
- Place shells or dishes or a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until bubbling and nicely browned.
The Chesapeake Bay Crab Imperial recipe easy to prepare and so good! A version of the famous Baltimore (Maryland, USA) dish.
This recipe for Chesapeake Bay Crab Imperial serves/makes: 4
The Chesapeake Bay Crab Imperial recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked