6 - 8 servings
How to cook Chesapeake Bay Crab Strata
- 1 pound crab meat, picked over to remove any shell
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups unseasoned croutons
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bell pepper rings, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Place butter in 11x7-inch baking dish. Heat in oven until melted; tilt to coat dish.
- Remove from oven; spread croutons over melted butter. Top with cheese; set aside.
- Combine milk, eggs, dry mustard, seafood seasoning, salt and pepper in large bowl; mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over cheese in dish; sprinkle with crab meat.
- Bake 50 minutes or until mixture is set. Remove from oven; let stand about 10 minutes.
- Garnish the Chesapeake Bay Crab Strata with bell pepper rings, if desired.
The Chesapeake Bay Crab Strata recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
Strata or stratta is a brunch casserole dish, similar to a quiche, made from a mixture which mainly consists of bread or hash browns, eggs and cheese. It may also include meat or vegetables. The ingredients are combined in a casserole dish and baked. It is served warm.
This recipe for Chesapeake Bay Crab Strata serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Chesapeake Bay Crab Strata recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Baked