4 - 6 servings
How to cook Chesapeake Bay Cream of Crab Soup
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 stick (8 ounces) butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup seafood stock
- 1 ounce finely chopped parsley
- Cook flour and butter for 5 to 8 minutes to make a roux.
- Add heavy cream. Let simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add shallots, seafood stock, crab meat and parsley.
- Let simmer 15 minutes and serve. DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve the Chesapeake Bay Cream of Crab Soup hot with crusty bread or crackers.
The Chesapeake Bay Cream of Crab Soup recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
You may want to cook the soup in the top of a double boiler to avoid scorching.
You can transfer the soup to a crock-pot after it's made to keep it warm until serving time.
This recipe for Chesapeake Bay Cream of Crab Soup serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Chesapeake Bay Cream of Crab Soup recipe is adopted from The Chesapeake Bay Cookbook by John Shields.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew