How to cook Chi-Chi's Crab Enchiladas
- 8 ounces crab meat, chopped (real or imitation)
- 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 (5 to 6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup milk
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- In a mixing bowl, stir together soup, onion, nutmeg and black pepper. In another bowl, place half of soup mixture, crab, and 1 cup of the Monterey Jack cheese; set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels; microwave on HIGH for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Place 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 12x7 1/2-inch baking dish. Stir milk into the reserved soup mixture, pour over enchiladas.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH for 12 to 14 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add a dash of hot pepper sauce to soup mix, if desired.
The Chi-Chi's Crab Enchiladas recipe easy to prepare and so good!
An enchilada is a corn or flour tortilla rolled around a filling and covered with a chili pepper sauce. Enchiladas can be filled with a variety of ingredients, including meat, cheese, beans, potatoes, vegetables, seafood or combinations.
This recipe for Chi-Chi's Crab Enchiladas serves/makes: 8 enchiladas
The Chi-Chi's Crab Enchiladas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Microwave