How to cook Chicken and Oyster Crepes
- 1 pint oysters
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup cooked, diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 8 crepes (see the recipe below)
- Put the oysters with their liquor into a small saucepan with 1/2 cup milk and 1 teaspoon butter.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon oregano. After the milk has reached simmering point, continue to cook at a gentle simmer for 6 minutes.
- Drain the oysters and put in a bowl with the shredded chicken and diced potatoes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and when foaming remove from the heat and add 1 tablespoon flour. Gradually add the liquor in which the oysters were cooked. Continue to cook over a gentle heat until the sauce has thickened. Check the seasoning and add salt and a dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
- Enrich the sauce by combining 1 egg yolk with 1 teaspoon cream. Add 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce to the egg yolk and cream and return to the sauce in the saucepan. This will improve the color and taste of the sauce.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the thick sauce to the chicken, oysters and potatoes.
- Put 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each crepe. Roll the crepes and place in a buttered ovenproof dish to bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 minutes.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the crepes. Sprinkle with some finely chopped parsley over the sauce just before serving.
How to cook Crepes
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Combine flour, salt, and eggs; beat until smooth.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until well blended.
- For each crepe, pour 1/4 cup batter into hot, lightly greased 8-inch skillet or crepe pan, tilting skillet to cover bottom.
- Cook over medium-high heat until lightly browned on both sides, turning once.
The Chicken and Oyster Crepes recipe easy to prepare and so good!
Lightly grease and preheat the skillet or crepe pan until a drop of water sizzles when sprinkled on. If the skillet isn't really hot, crepes may be too thick and stick to the pan.
This recipe for Chicken and Oyster Crepes serves/makes: 8 crepes
The Chicken and Oyster Crepes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Baked