How to cook Chicken with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce
- 1 (3-pound) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 cup dried shrimp, finely ground
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, ground
- 1 fresh hot red pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chicken stock, about
- 1/4 cup dende (palm) oil
- Season the chicken with lime or lemon juice, garlic, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan heat the oil and saute the onion, dried shrimp, peanuts, and hot pepper for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the chicken pieces and their liquid, and cook for a few minutes, turning the pieces once.
- Add the chicken stock, cover, and simmer gently until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes, turning once during the cooking and adding a little more stock if necessary.
- When the chicken is tender, taste for seasoning, pour in dende (palm) oil, and cook for a minute or two longer.
- The sauce should be thick and not very abundant.
- Serve the Chicken with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce with white steamed rice.
The Chicken with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce recipe easy to prepare and so good!
The Brazilian name for this recipe is Xinxim de Galinha
Xinxim de Galinha
is a wonderful dish originating from the Northeast of Brazil, Bahia more exactly. It is very typical of that area, because the people there love to combine seafood with meat.
This recipe for Chicken with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce serves/makes: 8
The Chicken with Shrimp and Peanut Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered
Cuisine: South American
(more South American