How to cook Chilean Artichokes with Tuna and Celery Salad
- 6 1/2 ounces water-packed tuna, well drained
- 8 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, halved, and one-half cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 hard-cooked egg, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 lettuce leaves, patted dry
- 1 ripe tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- Using a sharp stainless-steel knife, trim off the artichoke stems and slice 1 inch off the top. Rub the cuts with the lemon half.
- Place the artichokes, stem side down, in a large nonreactive pot and cover with water. Add the salt and 4 lemon slices. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and boil gently uncovered until tender, 35 to 45 minutes. To test doneness, pull a leaf out; if it comes out easily without resistance, the artichoke is done. Drain the artichokes upside down in a colander or on a rack.
- When cool enough to handle, discard all the green leaves, scraping off and saving all the edible parts in a small bowl. Scoop out the fuzzy choke with a small spoon. Trim the bottom to a nice round shape.
- Combine the tuna, onion, celery, and reserved artichoke pieces in a medium bowl. Add the mayonnaise and black pepper; toss gently with a fork. Adjust the seasoning.
- Stuff the artichoke bottoms with the tuna and celery salad. Arrange the lettuce on a serving platter. Place the stuffed artichokes on top of the lettuce, and garnish with the tomato wedges and parsley.
The Chilean Artichokes with Tuna and Celery Salad recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Chilean name for this recipe is Alcachofas Rellenas con Atun
This recipe for Chilean Artichokes with Tuna and Celery Salad serves/makes: 4
The Chilean Artichokes with Tuna and Celery Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Salad
Cuisine: South American
(more South American