How to cook Chilean Seafood Seviche
- 1 pound very fresh bay scallops or small peeled raw shrimps
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 2 jalapeno or Serrano chiles, seeded and finely minced, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- Lettuce leaves
- Place the scallops in a glass dish. Add the lime juice, chile peppers, and salt. Cover, and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- Stir in the onion, bell pepper and cilantro; combine. Refrigerate 30 minutes more.
- Just before serving, peel the avocados, remove the pits, and cut into 1/4-inch dice. Stir into the seafood mixture. Line individual plates with the lettuce leaves, and spoon the seviche over top. Serve the Chilean Seafood Seviche at once.
Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and peel. Spoon the seafood into the avocado shells.
The Chilean Seafood Seviche recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
The Chilean name for this recipe is Cebiche de Gambas y Ostiones
Ceviche (also spelled as cebiche, seviche or cevice) is a form of citrus marinated seafood salad, popular in many Latin American countries, originating in the Viceroyalty of Peru.
This recipe for Chilean Seafood Seviche serves/makes: 4
The Chilean Seafood Seviche recipe is adopted from The Chilean Kitchen 1999..
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked
Cuisine: South American
(more South American