How to cook Chilli and Tamarind BBQ Pomfret Fillets
- 4 pomfret or john dory fillets (about 4 ounces), skin removed
- 6 dried Kashmiri chillies, (halve quantity if not Kashmiri)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar, or Goan vinegar
- Rice flour, for dusting
- Soak the chillies in a little warm water for 10 minutes, drain. Remove the seeds then put them in a food processor with the cumin seeds, peppercorns, turmeric, garlic, onion, tamarind, sugar and vinegar. Blend until it becomes a smooth paste - season with salt.
- Spread a thin layer of the spice paste over one side of the pomfret fillets. Dust with a little rice flour, then repeat on the second sides.
- Cook under a preheated grill or on a barbecue for 1 - 2 minutes on each side.
Mild Kashmiri chillies give a little heat while tamarind gives a sweet and sour note to this Pomfret Recheado, from Ananda Solomon. Easy and simple recipe, can be ready in 15 minutes.
This recipe for Chilli and Tamarind BBQ Pomfret Fillets serves/makes: 2 servings
The Chilli and Tamarind BBQ Pomfret Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pomfret
Preparation Method: Barbecue