4 - 6
How to cook Chinese Abalone Soup with Oyster Mushrooms
- 16 oz. can abalone, sliced
- 5 cups water
- 4 - 6 oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 pound pork
- 1 pound Chinese cabbage, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon shoyu*
- Boil pork, including bones, in water for about 20 minutes.
- Remove bones.
- Add abalone liquid, oyster mushrooms, and shoyu.
- Bring to boil.
- Add Chinese cabbage stems and abalone to soup, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tops and continue cooking until tender.
- Serve the Chinese Abalone Soup with Oyster Mushrooms hot.
*Shoyu is a soy sauce, which is a dark brown liquid made from soya beans that have undergone a fermentation process.
This recipe for Chinese Abalone Soup with Oyster Mushrooms serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Chinese Abalone Soup with Oyster Mushrooms recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Abalone
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew