2 - 3
How to cook Chinese Almond Tuna
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) canned light tuna fish, packed in water, drained and broken-up
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22.5 mL) vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) celery, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) sticks
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion dices
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sweet green pepper strips
- 1/2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cold water
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) soy sauce, or to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) boiling water
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) roasted almond slices
- Heat oil into a fry pan saute together celery sticks, onion dices, green pepper strips and minced garlic, until just tender.
- Into a small bowl, mix together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the cold water.
- Pour remaining cold water and soy sauce over vegetables.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt add tuna fish.
- Simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Make a hole in the center of the mixture.
- Pour in boiling water add cooked rice and lightly salt.
- Mix just to wet rice.
- Cover and take away from heat set aside for 5 minutes.
- Delicately stir rice then mix together all ingredients.
- Garnish with roasted almond slices.
This recipe for Chinese Almond Tuna serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Chinese Almond Tuna recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tuna
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed