How to cook Chinese Baked Flounder in Parchment
- 4 flounder fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 large green onions for garnish
- 4 (12 x 16 inches) sheets cooking parchment paper or foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut green onion tops into 2" by 1/4" matchstick strips reserve for garnish. Thinly slice white part of green onions.
- Stir together soy sauce and rice vinegar in a small bowl.
- With short ends of parchments sheets facing you, place one fillet parallel to a short end in the middle of each sheet.
- Sprinkle each flounder fillet with one fourth of ginger, scallions, and soy mixture, then fold parchment over flounder fillet and crimp to seal packets.
- Place flounder fillets on a baking sheet and bake in middle of oven until packets are puffed and browned (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- To server, cut packets open and garnish fish with reserved green-onion strips.
- Serve the Chinese Baked Flounder with boiled white or brown rice
This recipe for Chinese Baked Flounder in Parchment serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Baked Flounder in Parchment recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Flounder/Plaice
Preparation Method: Baked