How to cook Chinese Basic Fish Paste
- 2 pounds whitefish fillet, boneless and skinless
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Bit of grated fresh ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- Place the small pieces of fish in an Osterizer or grinder, and grind to a smooth paste.
- If you use an Osterizer, you must mix this in very small batches; if you use a food processor, you can mix it in a bit larger batch.
- Remove the fish paste to a bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. mix this carefully, and you have a basic fish paste.
This recipe for Chinese Basic Fish Paste serves/makes: 2 pounds
The Chinese Basic Fish Paste recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Whitefish
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked