3 - 4
How to cook Chinese Black Bean Seafood
- 1 squid
- 8 tiger prawns (shrimps), shelled and deveined
- 15 small cooked mussels
- Oil for deep-frying
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Fresh chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon black beans, chopped roughly and soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 pound yellow oil cooked noodles
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing (rice) wine or medium sherry
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Halve the squid and score with criss-crossing lines on the inside, then cut into small pieces. Heat the wok, then add the oil. When it just begins to smoke, stir fry the prawns and squid together for 30 seconds. Pour away all the excess oil.
- Add the garlic, chili and the black beans and turn together for a further 30 seconds. Add the onions, peppers and mussels, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and noodles.
- Mix thoroughly and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the Shaoxing wine and sesame oil and turn together for 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
This recipe for Chinese Black Bean Seafood serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Chinese Black Bean Seafood recipe is adopted from Secrets From a Chinese Kitchen by Vivienne and Jenny Lo 2000 .
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered