10-12 crab rangoon
How to cook Chinese Crab Rangoon
- 1/2 pound crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 10-12 wonton skins
- 1/2 cup Chinese hot mustard to serve
- 1/2 cup Chinese sweet & sour sauce
- Mix together the cream cheese, crab meat, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, white wine and sesame oil.
- Place about 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water, fold over wonton, so that it looks like a triangle, lining up the edges. Starting from the filling, press the wonton skin together and out toward the egdes, sealing and pushing out any air bubbles while you do this.
- Deep fry wontons in 350°F (180°C) oil until golden brown.
- Serve the Chinese Crab Rangoon with Chinese hot mustard and Chinese sweet & sour sauce.
The Chinese Crab Rangoon
recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe gives more stuffing than is needed for 12 wontons. It freezes well and can be used again. The condiments are available at many American grocery stores and at all Chinese groceries.
are deep fried dumplings served in American Chinese, and more recently, Thai restaurants, stuffed with a combination of cream cheese, lightly flaked crab meat (more commonly, canned crab meat or imitation crab meat), with scallions and/or garlic. These fillings are then wrapped in Chinese wonton wrappers in a triangular or flower shape, then deep fried in vegetable oil.
This recipe for Chinese Crab Rangoon serves/makes: 10-12 crab rangoon
The Chinese Crab Rangoon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried