4 - 6
How to cook Chinese Crabmeat and Cucumber Salad
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh or canned crab meat
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame-seed oil
- Pick over the crabmeat and discard all bits of shell and cartilage.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut them lengthwise in two.
- With a small spoon, scrape the seeds out of each half, leaving hollow, boat-like shells.
- Shred the cucumbers, not too fine, with a cleaver or large, sharp knife.
- In a small glass or porcelain bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and sesame-seed oil, and mix well.
- Add the cucumbers and crabmeat; toss to coat thoroughly with the dressing and chill slightly - no more than an hour - before serving.
The Chinese name for the Crabmeat and Cucumber Salad dish is Hsieh Jou Pan Huang Kua
This recipe for Chinese Crabmeat and Cucumber Salad serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Chinese Crabmeat and Cucumber Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Salad