How to cook Chinese Dry Tossed Chili Prawns
- 9 ounces tiger prawns (shrimps) in their shells, heads and tails removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Shaoxing (rice) wine or medium sherry
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped 1 red chili, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 large spring onion (scallion), chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Finely chopped chili to garnish
- Place the prawns in a dish with the wine and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok until it just begins to smoke. Add the prawns and deep-fry for just a few seconds until they just change colour. Then quickly, remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper towels. Pour off the oil.
- Heat the wok again and add the prawns, garlic, chilli and spring onion. Toss together for 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and turn together once more.
- Serve immediately garnished with finely chopped chilli.
The Chinese Dry Tossed Chili Prawns recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Chinese Dry Tossed Chili Prawns serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Dry Tossed Chili Prawns recipe is adopted from Secrets From a Chinese Kitchen by Vivienne and Jenny Lo 2000 .
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried