3 - 4 servings
How to cook Chinese Fish Balls with Vegetables
- 10 ounces minced fish (I used half salmon and half cod)
- 1/2-inch ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Rice flour for breading
- 1 carrot, cut into half rings
- 2 mushrooms (I used wild mushrooms), sliced
- 1 onion, cut into half rings
- 1 red bell pepper, stems and seeds removed, cut into small pieces about 1 inch
- 1/2 small red chili pepper, stems and seeds removed, cut into thin rings (optional)
- 5 ounces frozen green peas
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice noodles
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Add half of ginger and chopped green onions, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, and cornstarch to minced fish. Mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and form the fish into small balls and roll in flour.
- Fry in a wok with 2 tablespoons of oil until done.
- Then transfer the fried fish balls to a plate.
- Clean the wok and heat 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the remaining half of the ginger, mushrooms, carrot, peas, bell pepper, chili pepper, and onions. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Stir fry vegetables, on medium-high heat, 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add cooked noodles and meatballs to wok and pour in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Stir and simmer about 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the fish balls with vegetables to serving plate and sprinkle with the remaining chopped green onions.
- Allow to cool this dish before serving.
The Chinese Fish Balls with Vegetables
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Chinese Fish Balls with Vegetables serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Chinese Fish Balls with Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed