2 or 3
How to cook Chinese Fish Fillets
- 1 pound (454 g) any fish fillets, fresh or thawed
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) soy sauce
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) catsup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly grated gingerroot
- In an 8-inch (20-cm) square glass dish, mix together soy sauce, lemon rind and juice, catsup, garlic and gingerroot.
- Cut fish into servings; arrange into dish, coating fish in sauce.
- Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave for 5 to 6 minutes on 'HIGH', until fish flesh can easily be broken-up with a fork.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes, uncovered.
- Serve fish, coated with sauce.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 7 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 6 minutes
Waiting time: 5 minutes
To remove any odour from a microwave-oven: in a small glass bowl, mix together juice and rind of 1 lemon and a little water. Microwave for 5 minutes at 'HIGH', then wipe the inside of the oven with a damp cloth.
This recipe for Chinese Fish Fillets serves/makes: 2 or 3
The Chinese Fish Fillets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Microwave