How to cook Chinese Fried Orange Roughy
- 4 orange roughy fillets (6-8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Sliced green onions to garnish
- Cook sesame seeds in a large heavy skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until golden cool and stir in breadcrumbs.
- Bring teriyaki sauce, white wine vinegar, fresh ginger, sugar, and red pepper to a boil in a small saucepan remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Stir together eggs and salt.
- Dredge the orange roughy fillets in cornstarch dip in egg mixture.
- Press breadcrumb mixture onto the orange roughy fillets.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/4 inch into large heavy skillet.
- Fry the orange roughy fillets in hot oil 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Drain the fried orange roughy fillets on paper towels.
- Spoon teriyaki mixture over fish garnish the Chinese Fried Orange Roughy with sliced green onions, if desired.
The Chinese Fried Orange Roughy is a very affordable dish. Delicious simple, and easy recipe. Can be ready in 15 minutes.
Don't be afraid to substitute tilapia
, or any other white fish for orange roughy
This recipe for Chinese Fried Orange Roughy serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Fried Orange Roughy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Orange Roughy
(more Orange Roughy
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed