4 - 6
How to cook Chinese Hot and Sour Seafood Soup
- 1/4 pound crab meat
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and sliced in half
- 1/4 pound scallops
- 8 snow peas, cut in half
- 8 black mushrooms, soaked and cut in slices
- 8 slices bean curd (tofu)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cooking wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper oil
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- Put the seafood, vegetables and bean curd in boiling stock. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine, soy sauce, salt, vinegar, pepper oil, white pepper and cornstarch solution.
- Cook until the soup thickens.
- Beat egg with a fork and pour into stock. Stir well.
- Just before serving, add the green onion.
The Chinese Hot and Sour Seafood Soup recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
For the chicken stock you may dissolve 6 chicken bouillon cubes in 6 cups of hot water.
In China, this soup is usually made with pork instead of seafood, but Americans like seafood much more than pork, so it has been adapted.
This recipe for Chinese Hot and Sour Seafood Soup serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Chinese Hot and Sour Seafood Soup recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew