How to cook Chinese Seafood Salad
- 1 pound (454 g) mixed seafood (flavored pollock, haddock, cod, shrimps, scallops, lobster pieces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22.5 mL) oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped (reserve green parts)
- 3/4 cup (190 mL) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22.5 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon (22.5 mL) dry Sherry
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sugar
- Pinch of pepper
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) water
- Lettuce leaves
- If frozen, thaw seafood if needed, cut seafood into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces.
- Into a fry pan or a wok, preheat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) of the oil.
- Delicately stir-in seafood, until done.
- Transfer seafood into a large bowl set aside.
- Pour remaining 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL) oil when oil is hot, stir-fry ginger and chopped green onion for 1 minute.
- Mix in chicken broth, ketchup, cider vinegar, dry Sherry, sugar, pepper and Tabasco sauce bring to a boil.
- Mix together cornstarch and water stir into chicken broth mixture.
- Boil for 1 minute, until slightly thickened.
- Pour over reserved seafood mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, completely cover a serving dish with lettuce leaves.
- Into the center, arrange seafood mixture into a mound sprinkle with reserved, chopped green parts of green onions.
Nutritional value, per serving: 198 calories 198, 23.1 g proteins, 7.1 g fat, 7.5 g sodium, 7.5 g carbohydrates.
This recipe for Chinese Seafood Salad serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Seafood Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Salad