How to cook Chinese Shrimp Toasts
- 3/4 pound medium-size raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and minced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon Oriental sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 slices day-old white bread, edges trimmed
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine shrimp, green onions, cilantro, ginger, soy sauce, sherry, sesame oil and salt in medium bowl. Blend in cornstarch. Stir in egg; blend thoroughly.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally in half to form triangles. Spread shrimp mixture evenly over bread, spreading out to edges.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat to 360°F (180°C). (Oil is ready when bread cube dropped into oil rises to surface.) Add 2 to 3 triangles to hot oil, shrimp side down. Deep-fry about 30 seconds until edges begin to brown; turn over and deep-fry about 30 seconds longer, or until golden brown and crispy. Drain on paper towels, shrimp side down; keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining triangles. To serve, cut each shrimp triangle diagonally in half.
The Chinese Shrimp Toasts recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Chinese Shrimp Toasts serves/makes: 8 toasts
The Chinese Shrimp Toasts recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried