How to cook Chinese Steamed Fish
- 2 any fish steaks or fillets or 6 pieces
- Boiling water
- Few drops freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- Use an 8 x 10-inch (20 x 25-cm) ceramic or glass dish with an air-tight lid.
- Choose a wire rack onto which at least 2 fish steaks or fillets or 6 fish pieces can be layed at the same time.
- Pour hot water over the bottom of the dish, just enough to touch the wire rack.
- Arrange fish steaks, fillets or pieces onto a plate; dot with butter dices and sprinkle fish with lemon or lime juice.
- Transfer plate over wire rack.
- Cover dish; microwave 1 steak or fillet or 2 pieces on 'HIGH' for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 more minute for each additional fish steak, fillet or 2 pieces.
- Immediately remove from oven.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes, covered.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Cooking time: 3 minutes or more
Waiting time: 10 minutes
All kinds of fish can be steamed; they are then equally good served hot or cold.
Steaming is recommended for low fat diets.
This recipe for Chinese Steamed Fish serves/makes: 6
The Chinese Steamed Fish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Various Fish
(more Various Fish
Preparation Method: Microwave