How to cook Chinese Steamed Sole and Vegetables
- 4 fresh sole fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions and tops, divided
- Combine 3 tablespoons soy sauce, wine, ginger, onion powder and sugar in shallow dish.
- Add sole fillets, turning over to coat both sides well. Let stand 10 minutes, turning over once.
- Meanwhile, toss carrot and zucchini together with remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce in small bowl; pour off excess sauce. Transfer vegetables to 8-inch round heatproof plate.
- Remove sole fillets from marinade; spread out flat. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons green onions evenly over fillets.
- Starting at thin end, roll up fillets, jelly-roll fashion. Arrange, seam side down, on vegetables. Place plate on large steamer rack set in large pot or wok of boiling water. (Do not allow water level to reach plate.)
- Cover and steam 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon green onion evenly over fish.
The Chinese Steamed Sole and Vegetables recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Chinese Steamed Sole and Vegetables serves/makes: 4 servings
The Chinese Steamed Sole and Vegetables recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sole
Preparation Method: Steamed