How to cook Chinese Stir-Fried Crab Meat with Bean Curd
- 1/2 pound (227 g) fresh or canned crab meat
- 4 three-inch squares fresh bean curd (tofu), about 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or flavorless vegetable oil
- 1 scallion, including green top, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled, fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup chicken stock, fresh or canned
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons chicken stock or cold water
- Pick over the crab meat, and discard all bits of shell and cartilage.
- Slice each square of bean curd into 1/4-inch slices, and cut the slices in half to make 24 strips 1 1/2-inch long and 1-inch wide.
- Have the above ingredients, and the oil, scallions, ginger, salt, stock, black pepper and cornstarch mixture within easy reach.
- Set a 12-inch wok or 10-inch skillet over high heat for 30 seconds. Pour in the oil, swirl it about for another 30 seconds, turning the heat down to moderate if the oil begins to smoke.
- Add the scallions and ginger, stir once or twice, then add the bean curd, salt and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, cover the pan and cook over moderate heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Gently stir in the crab meat and black pepper, and heat through for about 1 minute. Give the cornstarch mixture a quick stir to recombine it and pour it over the crab meat. Cook for another minute, stirring constantly, until the crab meat and bean curd are coated with a light, clear glaze.
- Transfer the stir-fried crab meat to a platter and serve immediately.
The Chinese name for the Stir-Fried Crab Meat with Bean Curd dish is Hsieh Jou Tou Fu
This recipe for Chinese Stir-Fried Crab Meat with Bean Curd serves/makes: 4
The Chinese Stir-Fried Crab Meat with Bean Curd recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed