How to cook Chinese Stir Fried Eel
- 1/4 pound fresh eel, cleaned and cut into 2-inch long strips
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ounces bean spout
- 1 spring onion
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 tablespoons young ginger, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spring onion, shopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- Wash the pieces of eel thoroughly under cold running water.
- Put half a pot of water with spring onion, ginger and wine to boil.
- Blanch eel in hot water. Remove and wash till eel is not sticky.
- Drain and marinate in soy sauce, wine, pepper and cornstarch for 10 minutes.
- Soak bean sprout, shredded young ginger in water and leave it aside.
- Run eel through 2 cups of oil. Remove eel.
- Add in bean sprout and stir fry for a while.
- Add eel and soy sauce, sugar, wine, water and cornstarch. Stir fry quickly.
- Scoop on plate, making it into a circle, but leave a hole at the center.
- Put chopped garlic, chopped spring onion and pepper at the center of the hole.
- Arrange shredded ginger on both sides of plate.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in wok. Pour over chopped garlic, spring onion.
- Lastly, sprinkle coriander leaves.
The Chinese Stir Fried Eel is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
How to clean Eel:
Eel should be washed thoroughly in cold clean water, followed by very careful scraping the skin, may be necessary to remove final traces of slime. Gut the washed eels, taking care to slit the belly 1 inch or so beyond the vent in order to remove the kidney; scrub the gut cavity and wash it out carefully to remove all traces of blood from the backbone and throat, and then rinse the eels again.
This recipe for Chinese Stir Fried Eel serves/makes: 2 servings
The Chinese Stir Fried Eel recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Eel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed