How to cook Chipotle Garlic Shrimp Po-Boy
- 16 shrimps (thawed if frozen), peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoons hot sauce (I used Gourmate Chipotle Garlic for that chipotle garlic flavor)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 French baguette, cut into 4 and toasted
- 1 - 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, chipotle garlic hot sauce and lemon juice. Stir until combined and set aside. (If using regular hot sauce, you can add 2 cloves of minced garlic.)
- In another little bowl, combine the thyme, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. Toss over the shrimps, coating them.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Add the shrimps and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear 30 more seconds. Remove from heat.
- Spread the chipotle garlic mayo along the inside of the warm baguette. Layer with tomato, arugula and seared shrimp.
- Serve the Chipotle Garlic Shrimp Po-Boy with lemon wedges on the side.
The Chipotle Garlic Shrimp Po-Boy
easy to cook and so good!
A Po Boy
(also known as Po’Boy
, Po Boy
, or Poor Boy
) is a traditional submarine sandwich from Louisiana. It almost always consists of meat, usually roast beef, or fried seafood, or sometimes chicken or ham.
What I love about this is that instead of covering the shrimp with cornmeal and frying it, I seared it in extra virgin olive oil for a few minutes making it healthier.
The shrimps was loaded with all the tasty herbs and spices I could find in my cupboard: thyme, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
This recipe for Chipotle Garlic Shrimp Po-Boy serves/makes: 4 sandwiches
The Chipotle Garlic Shrimp Po-Boy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Sandwich