6 - 8 servings
How to cook Chop Suey (Pansit with Srimps and Pork)
- 1/2 pound medium or large shrimps, washed, head removed and deveined
- 2 pounds Fresh Stir-Fry Noodles
- 1/2 pound pork meat, sliced
- 1/2 pound pork liver, cooked and sliced into pieces
- 1 pack cooked shrimp balls/fish balls/seafood balls or combination
- 1 pack fresh tofu, fried and sliced
- 1 can quail eggs
- 1 pack fresh snow peas, washed and cut
- 1 can young corn
- 1 can water chestnuts
- 1 can whole mushrooms
- 2 medium to large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 pack medium baby bok choy, washed and sliced
- 1 small bundle asparagus
- 1 medium to large red bell pepper, sliced, seeds removed
- 1 small bundle broccoli,cut into bite pieces
- 1/2 small cauliflower
- 1 can chicken broth (or 2 cups water with 2 chicken flavor bouillon)
- 3/4 cup corn starch, diluted in chicken stock or water with chicken bouillons
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 2 stalks fresh spring onion, chopped (for garnish)
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- Olive oil for sauteing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Saute garlic until brown, remove and set aside.
- Using remaining oil in the pan, saute onions until clear.
- Add pork meat and pork liver. Continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked seafood balls and shrimp. Continue to saute for another 2 minutes.
- Stir fry vegetables gradually adding them from hardest to softest. Allow at least 1-2 minutes interval for each kind.
- Add diluted cornstarch and oyster sauce. Mix well and continue to cook until sauce thickens. Turn off fire.
- On a separate pan, heat small amount of olive oil. Stir-fry noodles.
- Remove noodles and place on a serving tray or plate.
- Pour cooked chop suey on the top and garnish with quail eggs, fried tofu, toasted garlic and chopped spring onions.
- Serve the Chop Suey (Pansit wit Srimps and Pork) hot with or without steamed white rice.
is a dish in American Chinese cuisine and other forms of overseas Chinese cuisine, consisting of meat (often chicken, fish, beef, prawns, or pork) and eggs, cooked quickly with vegetables such as bean sprouts, cabbage, and celery and bound in a starch-thickened sauce.
This recipe for Chop Suey (Pansit with Srimps and Pork) serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Chop Suey (Pansit wit Srimps and Pork) recipe and pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Shrimp
Preparation Method: Pasta