How to cook Christmas Oysters
- 48 fresh oysters (in shells)
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) extra-virgin oil
- 4 shallots, finely minced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) 'herbs de Provence'
- 4 tablespoons (60 mL) all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) warm milk
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) dry white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Few drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) oil
- 30 oyster mushrooms, cut into strips
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
- Open-up oysters, reserving juice refrigerate both, oysters in half-shells and juice, separately.
- Into a casserole, heat together 4 tablespoons (60 mL) butter and extra-virgin oil brown together shallots, garlic and 'herbs de Provence'.
- Well stir in flour.
- Stirring, pour in warm milk, vegetable broth, dry white wine and reserved oyster juice stir until boiling.
- Lower heat to low simmer until smooth.
- Salt, pepper and stir in Tabasco sauce.
- Into a fry pan, in hot 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter and oil, brown oyster mushrooms strips.
- Preheat oven at 'broil'.
- Stir mushrooms strips into sauce.
- Evenly coat each oyster with sauce sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Brown under broiler.
- Decorate each oyster with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Herbs de Provence: a mixture of rosemary, thyme, basil, marjoram and savory.
This recipe for Christmas Oysters serves/makes: 8
The Christmas Oysters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed