6 - 8 servings
How to cook Cilantro Fish Curry
- 2 pounds tilapia any firm, white-fleshed fish fillets, cubed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon hing (asafetida)
- 1 teaspoon rai (black mustard seeds)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 bunches cilantro, ground with a little water
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 10-12 garlic cloves
- 1 piece (2 inches) ginger
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeeera)
- 4 tablespoons rai (black mustard seeds)
- Heat mustard oil to smoking point in a wok.
- Add the bay leaves, hing, and 1 teaspoon of rai.
- Grind the garlic, ginger, green chilies, cumin seeds, and 4 tablespoons of rai with a little water.
- Add the ground garlic-ginger mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground cilantro leaves mixture and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tilapia and cook until almost done.
- Add the coconut milk and salt to taste; cook for 4 -5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire and serve the Cilantro Fish Curry hot with steamed white rice.
The Cilantro Fish Curry
is a great recipe for a mild fish curry dish that has a wonderful creamy texture. You can substitute the fish fillets for shrimp in this recipe.
This recipe for Cilantro Fish Curry serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Cilantro Fish Curryy recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Tilapia
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered