How to cook Citrus Baked Red Snapper with Lime Rice
- 1 whole red snapper (about 1 1/2 pounds), cleaned and gutted
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Lime Rice, to serve (recipe follows)
Lime Rice Ingredients:
- Combine citrus juices, cilantro, cayenne pepper, chopped garlic and soy sauce in a shallow baking dish.
- Add fish and refrigerate for 4 hours, turning fish after 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Remove fish from marinade and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped package on a sheet pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until flesh flakes easily.
- Unwrap and serve the Citrus Baked Red Snapper on a large platter with hot Lime Rice.
How to cook Lime Rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 teaspoons grated zest, to garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, to garnish
- Place the rice in a medium saucepan and add water, olive oil, and lime or lemon juice.
- Boil for 30 minutes or until water has evaporated.
- Season with pepper and garnish with zest and scallions.
- Serve hot.
The Citrus Baked Red Snapper with Lime Rice recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Citrus Baked Red Snapper with Lime Rice serves/makes: 4 servings
The Citrus Baked Red Snapper with Lime Rice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Snapper
Preparation Method: Baked