3 - 4
How to cook Clam Chowder with Hashbrowns
- 2 cans minced clams, with juice
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 4 slices of bacon
- 3 cups of frozen O'Brian hashbrowns (with onions and peppers)
- 2 cups of light cream
- 1 cup of milk
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Drain clams, reserving liquid. Add water to this liquid to equal 1 cup. In a heavy pan fry bacon, drain, and crumble. Discard drippings. In the same pan combine hashbrowns and the cup of clam juice. Bring to a boil, and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in clams, light cream, 3/4 cup milk, and garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend remaining milk and flour, stir into clam mixture.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thick and bubbly.
- Add crumbled bacon.
This recipe for Clam Chowder with Hashbrowns serves/makes: 3 - 4
The Clam Chowder with Hashbrowns recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew