How to cook Clam Fritters
- 1 pint shucked clams, drained and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Fat or oil for deep frying
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the eggs, onion, half and half cream and clams, and stir the mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls into a deep layer of fat or oil heated to 375°F (190°C). Deep fry the fritters until brown - about 3 minutes.
- Drain the clam fritters on paper towels. Salt lightly just before serving.
- Serve the Clam Fritters hot, plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.
The Clam Fritters recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Clam Fritters serves/makes: 6 servings
The Clam Fritters recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried