6 - 8
How to cook Clam and Salmon Chowder
- 2 small cans chopped clams (or equiv. fresh)
- 2 small cans crab meat (or equiv. fresh)
- 2 large cans salmon (or equiv. fresh)
- 2 8-oz. bottles of clam juice
- 1/2 lb. bacon, chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups corn (frozen corn works fine)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 lb. potatoes, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups heavy cream
- Fry bacon in 8-10 quart pot until crisp. Add vegetables, stir often until browned.
- Add clam juice and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in all seafood and their liquids.
- Add bay leaf, Tabasco sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and cream.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Season to taste with salt.
This recipe for Clam and Salmon Chowder serves/makes: 6 - 8
The Clam and Salmon Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew