How to cook Clam and Tomato Dish
- 1 ( 7 1/2-ounce / 213-mL) can clams, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (8-ounce / 250-mL bottle) clam juice
- 1 (19-ounce / 540-mL) can tomato juice
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiling water
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Into a 6-cup (1.5-L) bowl, microwave bacon dices on 'HIGH' for 2 minutes.
- Remove bacon dices, using a slotted spoon.
- To the fat in the bowl, add chopped onion, celery and potato dices.
- Microwave on 'HIGH' for 2 minutes.
- Stir well well mix in flour.
- Pour in tomato juice, clam juice (do not add clams) and boiling water.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring at half-time.
- Mix in chopped clams, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Microwave on 'HIGH' for 4 minutes.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 18 minutes
This recipe for Clam and Tomato Dish serves/makes: 3
The Clam and Tomato Dish recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Clams
Preparation Method: Microwave